How Long Does It Take to Install Hand Tied Hair Extensions at Our Colorado Springs Salon?
Hand tied hair extensions are a popular choice for those looking to add length, volume, and texture to their natural hair. At our all-things beauty boutique, hair salon, and extension bar in Colorado Springs, we specialize in hand tied extensions and on-trend styles. In this blog post, we’ll break down the process and give you a rough estimate of the time it takes to install hand tied hair extensions.
- Consult with one of our hair extension specialists to determine the best type of hand tied extensions for your hair type and desired look. At your consultation, your stylist will determine the type of extension to order before your appointment.
- Wash and condition your hair before the installation using our high-quality Oribe and KMS hair products.
- Sectioning of the hair: The stylist will section the hair to make sure the extensions are installed evenly. This must be done on dry hair as wet hair will swell and can be damaged during installation.
- Attaching the extensions: The stylist will then tie the extension hair to small sections of natural hair using thread and beads.
- Blending the extensions: Once the extensions are installed, the stylist will blend them with your natural hair to make sure they look natural.
The time it takes to install hand tied hair extensions varies depending on the length and volume of your natural hair and the desired result. On average, the installation process takes 2-6 hours. This time will vary based on your stylist's experience. However, for a full head of extensions, it may take up to 8 hours. These times can vary depending on if you are getting the extensions color matched or not. It takes about 45 minutes per row of hand-tied extensions. This 45 minute estimate does not include the cut and color process, but is a good rule of thumb when planning for your 1st trip to our salon!
- Brush your hair regularly to prevent tangles and knots
- Wash and condition your hair with gentle products like Oribe and KMS to prevent damage to the extensions
- Visit your stylist every 6-8 weeks for a maintenance appointment to tighten the extensions
Installing hand tied hair extensions is a process that requires patience and expertise. With the right preparation and a skilled stylist at our Colorado Springs salon, you can have beautiful, long hair in just a few hours. Regular maintenance is also important to keep your extensions looking their best. If you're looking to add length, volume, and texture to your hair, hand tied extensions are a great option to consider.
At our Colorado Springs beauty boutique, we also offer a range of other salon services, including hair coloring, cutting, full body massage, cupping and body therapy techniques, along with full glam makeup. When you need a break from all the pampering, grab a drink at our full-service bar. We're here to spoil you and make you feel like the ultimate glam queen. If you're looking for the best hair extensions near you in Colorado Springs, look no further than our beauty extensions bar. We can't wait to meet you and give you the ultimate salon experience in Colorado!
XO- Yours Blow Babes
All photo credits & hair done by @maggies_manes